Modern radiation therapy incorporates complex processes for treatment planning and dose delivery becoming ever more customizable to individual patients. This means that advanced radiotherapy techniques like intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), volumetric arc therapy (VMAT), or stereotactic radiosurgery/radiotherapy (SRS/SRT), require reliable dosimetric quality assurance (QA) and plan verification processes for safe and clinically efficient radiation therapy delivery. Even if the currently used QA processes are highly advanced, there is still a strong demand for improvements. Towards this direction RTsafe offers solutions focused on: a) dosimetry performance of existing QA tools, b) truly patient-specific QA strategies and c) QA performance metrics tied to clinical outcomes rather than just gamma index passing rates.
RTsafe offers the unique QA performance metrics, including:
- 3D relative and absolute measurements of the shape and spatial location of the delivered 3D-dose pattern with respect to genuine patient anatomical structures. Comparison with TPS calculated data.
- Gamma-index 3D-maps, where high gamma values are superimposed on the patient anatomical structures.
- Truly experimental measurements of Dose Volume Histograms (DVHs) for both PTVs and OARs. Comparisons with corresponding TPS calculated DVHs.
- QA test for the whole treatment chain (medical imaging, set-up, image guidance, dose delivery)
- Educational and confidence building tool – phantoms are treated as real patients.
- Improved performance of your department MRI scanner focused on radiotherapy needs.